The Organisers take individual privacy seriously. The Organisers will comply with applicable personal data protection laws, including applicable PRC laws and regulations on personal data protection.
(1) Information collection
In order to provide better service to the Visitor and to fulfil the purposes set out in the next paragraph, the Organisers may collect certain information when the Visitor registers with them or communicates with them. In the process, the Organisers may also collect personal information of individual contact persons of companies or their employees. As stated in the registration form, some of the requested information is mandatory and some of them the Visitor may provide voluntarily. If specific mandatory information is requested but not supplied, the Organisers may be unable to provide the requested service. The Organisers only retain personal data for so long as it is necessary for fulfilling the purposes set out in the next paragraph.
Additional identity verification data (which may include passport (including travel permit for Hongkong, Macau and Taiwan residents)/national identity card numbers, photo, facial recognition and document scans) may be collected from visitors to the Event for the purposes of health & safety precautions implemented to comply with required guidelines on Covid-19 contact tracing as well as to ensure Event security. Such additional identity verification data will be stored in The Organisers’ database for a reasonable time after your visit to the Event. The Organisers may share your personal data (including any additional identity verification data) as required by law or any lawful request of authorities for the purposes of Covid-19 contact tracing and for the prevention of crime. The Organisers will not be able to process your pre-registration for the Event without such identity verification data.
(2) Use of information
The purposes for which information may be used by the Organisers include:
- • processing applications for exhibiting at or visiting their trade fairs;
- • facilitating and enhancing their operations by incorporating the personal data into their database and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data;
- • promoting and notifying the Visitor of their trade fairs in China and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by their affiliates and joint venture partners;
- • distributing publications and research materials of their company;
- • marketing their services or products; and
- • if necessary, facilitating legal proceedings, including collecting overdue amounts
The Organisers may use personal data of the Visitor, including his/her name, email address and physical address to conduct direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in China and around the world, and events or trade fairs organised by their affiliates and joint venture partners, as well as the promotion of their services via fax, email, direct mail, telephone and other means of communication, or send e-newsletters to the Visitor.
I understand that by choosing to allow my badge to be scanned by an exhibitor or sponsor when at the event, I will be providing the exhibitor or sponsor with my personal data. I consent to this personal data being used to contact me about their products or services and understand that this partner or sponsor may transfer this data outside of China for these purposes and I consent to such transfer of my data. I also understand and agree that my personal data may be held and used by the Organiser, and any third party hosting provider acting on its behalf, in order to run the event and for analysing visitor traffic with a view to improving the event experience for visitors.
(3) Disclosure / Transfer of Data
The Organisers will keep the personal data they hold confidential but may provide or transfer the personal data to:
- • their agents, advisers, auditors, contractors, and service providers in connection with their operations or services for facilitating and enhancing their operations and conducting analysis, research and auditing based on the personal data;
- • their overseas offices, affiliates, joint venture partners, which are also exhibition organisers, for the purposes of conducting direct marketing in relation to the promotion of and invitation to their trade fairs in China and around the world;
- • persons to whom the Organisers are required to make disclosure under applicable laws in or outside China.
(4) Transfer of Data Overseas
The Organisers will generally hold personal data of the Visitor on their servers in China. However, the visitor agrees that the Organisers may transfer personal data of the Visitor to the Organisers’ overseas offices or affiliates elsewhere in the world or to any of the people listed at paragraph (3) above, who may be located elsewhere.
(5) Consent and Rights of the Visitor
By signing this Contract, the Visitor explicitly consents to the collection, use and transfer of his/her personal data as outlined in this Clause, including the use and provision of his/her personal data for direct marketing.
The Visitor may choose not to receive promotional materials by simply notifying the Organisers through the below contact details, and the Organisers will cease to do so, without charge. The visitor may also request the Organisers to correct its inaccurate personal data.
Room 1159-1164, China Hotel Office Tower, Liu Hua Road, Guangzhou 510015, China
Tel: +86-20-38951650 Fax: +86-20-86677120
Email: [email protected]
For security purpose and in order to prevent and detect crime, visitors may be subject to a random bag search and CCTV camera recording in the Exhibition Centre.